We are in the cusp of what they call a “Fourth Industrial Revolution”. “The first industrial revolution was based on water and steam, the next on electricity, and the third on information and digitalisation. In the fourth, the boundaries between the physical-biological and digital worlds are being eliminated – fuelled by data.” The fact that we are living in an era that is shaped by data, is something that has become ever more palpable with the happening of the COVID-19 pandemic. Without a doubt, the pandemic hastened the pivoting to digitalization in the way we do things. This wave of change has practically affected every aspect of our lives from the way we access education, government services, and the way we do business.
Our Data Privacy team guides clients in navigating their compliance journey in today’s digital landscape. More specifically, our team provides the following services:
- Assist clients in their compliance with the Data Privacy Act (DPA), and the issuances and advisories of the National Privacy Commission (NPC);
- Assist clients in conducting Privacy Impact Assessment;
- Assist in crafting privacy management programs, drafting appropriate privacy policies, notices, and codifying the same into privacy manuals;
- Assist in the preparation of data breach management procedures and protocols;
- Review compliance of data sharing agreements, outsourcing arrangements, and other relevant contracts;
- Facilitate registration with the NPC.