Effective Date: 21 April 2021
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
FBRT collects personal information in the course of its business activities, including transactions for/with clients. We collect the following information:
- Personal Details, such as your name, contact details, address, date of birth, age, gender, social security number, tax ID number, and other personal details that enable us to ascertain your identity and how we may contact you.
- For corporate/business entities, corporate documents, including registrations, ownership details, financial information.
- Electronic Data, such as your IP Address, Operating System, and other machine identifiers.
- Device Information, such as information that is automatically collected in relation to your device (such as, but not limited to, hardware, operating system, browser, etc.).
- Location Information, such information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us.
- Others – Information that you provide to us in connection with your legal concerns.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal data when availing our services, including but not limited to, consultations, entering a retainer agreement and the like, filing any requests or complaints, and/or answering our customer evaluation;
WHY WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION / USE OF INFORMATION
Processing of Personal Information shall be done in utmost confidentiality, and in strict compliance with applicable laws, for purposes we deem fit and necessary, which shall include but not limited to:
- The implementation and handling of client account and profiling,
- Compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations that may be enforced, and
- Data sharing with authorized third-party service providers.
- Meeting the lawful objectives of the business of the Company;
- Providing better products and services;
- Establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; and
- Fulfilling any other purposes directly related to the above-stated purposes.
FBRT may retain or store the information collected and/or processed for as long as necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected and processed.
FBRT may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements:
- Hardcopies of the documents you provide, as well as all records that may be relevant in addressing your legal concerns may be stored in FBRT premises in a secure cabinet or in an off-site warehouse managed by a third-party service provider.
- Forms and documents that contain your personal information may be digitized and stored on FBRT’s information management system hosted by FBRT on-site or in the premises of an authorized third-party service provider.
- FBRT shall ensure, using contractual and other reasonable means, that the Third-Party Service Provider implements proper safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data processed, prevent its use for unauthorized purposes, and comply with the requirements of the DPA, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other applicable laws for processing of personal data, and other issuances of the NPC.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS
You understand, agree and warrant that any personal information regarding other individuals disclosed to FBRT is obtained with full consent, and was obtained for the use, storage, and processing of their information for compliance with regulatory requirements, and for legitimate purposes.
RIGHTS OF A DATA SUBJECT
Under the Data Privacy Act [Republic Act No. 10173], data subjects have the right to:
- Be informed that your personal information will be collected and processed;
- Be furnished information in relation to the processing of your personal information;
- Reasonable access to your personal information held by FBRT;
- Dispute any error in your personal information and have it corrected;
- The erasure or blocking of your personal information from FBRT’s system if said information is incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission; and
- Damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
If you have questions, or concerns or, please feel that your data privacy rights are violated, you may directly reach free to email us at:
Data Protection Officer
THE LAW FIRM OF FIEL BRILLANTE RONQUILLO TIBLE
Suite 1202 Tycoon Centre Building,
Pearl Drive, Pasig City
Please note that whenever you send us a message, you will be providing us with Personal Information about yourself, including your email address, your name, if you choose to do so, and any information you choose to include in the text of your message.
For more information regarding Data Privacy Act, you may visit https://www.privacy.gov.ph/data-privacy-act/.